These spiced, healthy chicken noodles are full of vegetables, and make a perfect, light meal for whenever you don’t feel like preparing something long and too filling. This easy chicken stir-fry is a great midweek meal since it’s quick, simple, and ready in under 30 minutes.
Get ready for a delightful culinary journey with our easy chicken stir-fry recipe. This dish is a harmonious blend of tender chicken, vibrant vegetables, and flavorful noodles, making it a perfect addition to your dinner repertoire. Quick, easy, and bursting with taste, this meal is a must-try for both novice cooks and seasoned chefs looking for a scrumptious, healthy option. Join us in discovering the perfect balance of flavors and textures in this easy chicken stir-fry dish.
More Noodle Videos
Why this recipe works
This recipe is a winner because it’s packed with tasty chicken, colorful vegetables, and delicious stir-fry noodles. It’s a simple and yummy meal that you’ll love.
Ingredients to make Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry
- Bell Pepper – These vibrant peppers bring color and a sweet crunch to your stir-fry.
- Aubergine – The star of the show, aubergines add a mild, tender sweetness to this dish.
- Carrot – Carrots provide a pop of color and a natural sweetness to balance the flavors.
- Courgette – Courgettes offer a mellow flavor and contribute to the stir-fry’s delightful texture.
- Soft Cabbage – Cabbage adds a tender and slightly sweet element, making the noodles more satisfying.
- Cooked Chicken Breast – A protein-packed addition for a heartier stir-fry.
- Sunflower Oil – This oil provides the sizzle and helps cook everything to perfection.
- Udon Noodles – The heart of your stir-fry, these noodles are deliciously chewy and satisfying.
- Dark Soya Sauce – A rich and savory sauce that adds depth to your dish.
- Light Soya Sauce – Balances the flavors with a milder, salty touch.
- Oyster Sauce – Enhances the umami goodness and provides a savory kick.
- Sesame Oil – A few drops of sesame oil can elevate the overall taste with its nutty aroma.
- Sriracha Sauce – If you like a bit of heat, sriracha is the way to go, adding a spicy kick.
- Garlic – Garlic cloves bring their unique spice and aromatic flavor to your stir-fry.
- Instead of bell pepper, try using red or yellow peppers.
- Swap aubergine with zucchini for a milder taste.
- Use broccoli if you’re out of carrots.
- If you don’t have courgette, use squash.
- Feel free to use regular cabbage if you can’t find soft cabbage.
- Substitute cooked chicken breast with tofu or shrimp for a different protein.
- Use vegetable oil if you’re out of sunflower oil.
- Any type of noodles can replace Udon Noodles.
- For the sauce, use soy sauce instead of dark and light soy sauces.
- Hoisin sauce can replace oyster sauce.
- Canola oil can substitute for sesame oil.
- If you like a little kick, add chili sauce instead of Sriracha.
- If you’re out of garlic, try garlic powder for flavor.
- Vegetarian Twist: Swap the cooked chicken breast for tofu or tempeh for a delicious vegetarian version.
- Spice It Up: Add some red pepper flakes or fresh chilies for a fiery kick.
- Protein Power: Experiment with shrimp, beef, or pork instead of chicken for diverse flavors.
- Gluten-Free Option: Use gluten-free noodles like rice noodles or gluten-free soy sauce for a celiac-friendly meal.
- Custom Veggies: Play with your favorite vegetables like broccoli, snap peas, or baby corn.
- Sweet and Sour: Make a sweet and sour sauce with pineapple, vinegar, and brown sugar for a tangy twist.
- Extra Crunch: Top your stir-fry with chopped peanuts or cashews for added texture.
- Herb Infusion: Throw in some fresh herbs like basil, cilantro, or mint for a burst of freshness.
These variations make your chicken noodle stir-fry flexible and exciting!
How to make this recipe
Step 1 : Heat 4 tbsp of sunflower oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced vegetables and stir-fry for about 5-7 minutes until they are slightly softened but still crunchy.
Step 2: In a small bowl, mix together 2 tbsp dark soy sauce, 4 tbsp light soy sauce, 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 1-2 tbsp Sriracha sauce, and 2 grated garlic cloves to make the sauce.
Step 3: Add the cooked noodles to the pan with the sauce and chicken and toss gently until everything is well combined and heated through.
Step 4: Top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Divide the chicken noodles among serving bowls and serve.
To keep your vegetable stir-fry chicken noodles fresh, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can stay tasty for up to 1-2 days. . When you’re ready for another delicious meal, simply reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. Enjoy this flavorful dish whenever you crave it! 🥡🍜
You might also like
Have you given the Chicken Stir-Fry Noodle recipe a try? Share your experience by rating it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and dropping a comment below. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and fuels my passion for creating recipes!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
One-Pot Chicken Noodle Recipe: Quick and Easy Comfort Food
- A large pot
- An wok or a deep non-stick frying pan
- A colander
- A sharp knife to chop the chicken and vegetables.
- A cutting board
- A wooden spoon or spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- ½ red pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ orange pepper
- ½ aubergine
- 1 carrot
- ½ courgette
- ½ soft cabbage
- 300 g chicken breast or any leftover cooked meat cut into small pieces
- 4 tbsp oil
- 250 g Udon Noodles
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger powder or a small piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tbsp dark soya sauce
- 4 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- a small bunch of green onions sliced
- sesame seeds
- Let's get started by preparing the chicken breasts. Dice or cut them into small strips, and place them in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger (or 1 teaspoon of ginger powder), and 2 cloves of grated garlic (or 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder). Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes to infuse extra flavor and tenderness into your dish. If you have leftover meat you can skip this step.
- While the chicken is marinating, thinly slice 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 yellow pepper, 1/2 orange pepper, 1/2 aubergine, 1 carrot, and 1/2 courgette. Don’t forget to shred 1/2 of a soft cabbage. And, prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients, setting it aside for later use.
- Now, heat 4 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan. Add the marinated chicken and stir-fry it for about 4-6 minutes until it turns a lovely golden color over medium-high heat.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the sliced vegetables to the pan. Stir-fry them for approximately 5-6 minutes until they're slightly softened but still maintain a pleasant crunch. If you have leftover meat you can added it in the pan after this step.
- In the meantime, cook the noodles following the package instructions. Once cooked, drain them and add them to the pan.
- Now, pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetable mixture, stirring well to coat everything evenly.
- Finally, divide the delicious chicken noodles among serving bowls and top them with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve your mouthwatering creation hot and savor every bite!
Give this a Try