Roasted Eggplant Salad with Greek Yogurt is a delicious and refreshing dish that combines smoky roasted eggplant with creamy Greek yogurt. It’s a versatile, healthy salad, perfect as a side or a light main course.
The star ingredient, roasted eggplant, is diced to keep its tender texture and bring out its natural sweetness and smoky flavor.
Greek yogurt, with its creamy, tangy taste, complements the eggplant, adding a cooling element and balancing richness.
Fresh herbs like parsley or mint add vibrancy, while lemon juice or vinegar provides a hint of acidity to enhance the taste.
For a delightful crunch, consider adding toasted nuts or seeds like pine nuts or sesame seeds.
In sum, Roasted Eggplant Salad with Greek Yogurt harmoniously blends smoky, tender eggplant with creamy yogurt, fresh herbs, citrus, and crunchy nuts or seeds. Enjoy it as a light meal or alongside grilled meats or crusty bread.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
- Delicious Flavors: This salad combines the yummy taste of roasted eggplant with the creamy goodness of Greek yogurt. It’s like a flavor party in your mouth!
- Healthy and Versatile: It’s not just tasty; it’s also good for you. You can enjoy it as a healthy side dish or even a yummy light meal.
- Easy to Make: You don’t need to be a kitchen pro to whip this up. Just roast the eggplant, add some yogurt, and you’re good to go! It’s a simple recipe that tastes amazing.
Ingredients to make this Amazing Aubergine Recipe
- Eggplants – These are like the superheroes in this tasty recipe! They have a mild, tender, and sweet taste.
- Tomatoes – They form the base of our dish, providing the perfect amount of juiciness and tanginess.
- Garlic – Garlic brings a gentle spice and adds extra flavor to the mix.
- Olive Oil – This helps to make everything delicious and prevents sticking.
- Fresh Oregano Leaves (or dried oregano) – These herbs, whether fresh or dried, give a lovely aroma and taste.
- Lemon Juice – A little lemon juice adds a zesty twist to the dish.
- Garlic Powder – For extra garlic goodness without the chopping.
- Chili Powder or Smoked Paprika – Adds some gentle heat and a smoky touch.
- Greek Yogurt (or vegan yogurt) – Go for yogurt made from almond, coconut, or soy milk. It’s creamy and perfect to cool things down.
- Sesame Seeds – Sprinkle these little seeds on top for extra crunch.
- Salt and Pepper – Don’t forget these for that extra burst of flavor!
See recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities
If you don’t have all the ingredients for Roasted Eggplant Salad with Greek Yogurt, no worries! You can switch things up and still make a tasty dish. Here’s how:
Instead of 8 tbsp olive oil, you can use less if you’re watching calories. Just a drizzle works fine.
Don’t have aubergines? No problem, courgette will do the trick as well, due to their similarities.
For tomatoes, you can use canned ones or cherry tomatoes if you’re out of big ones.
If you’re missing fresh oregano, dried oregano from your spice rack is A-OK.
No lemon around? Try a splash of vinegar or orange juice for that tangy kick.
For Greek yogurt, regular plain yogurt does the job.
If you don’t have sesame seeds, skip ’em or use some crushed nuts for crunch.
And don’t forget, a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of pepper make everything taste better!
So, don’t sweat it if you’re missing a thing or two. Get creative and make your Roasted Eggplant Salad your way!
Looking to switch things up with your Roasted Eggplant Salad with Greek Yogurt? Here are some super easy ideas to make your salad more exciting!
- Mediterranean Twist: Add some olives and feta cheese for a Mediterranean flavor explosion. It’s like a party in your mouth!
- Herb Garden: Chop up some fresh herbs like basil or cilantro to give your salad a garden-fresh taste. It’s like a little herb party in your bowl!
How to make the recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan).
- Mix 4 tbsp of olive oil with garlic powder, chili powder or smoked paprika, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Brush this mix on aubergine wedges and roast for 30-35 minutes until tender.
- While aubergines roast, grate tomatoes (without skin) into a bowl. Add garlic, oregano, lemon juice, more olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix.
- Toss cooked aubergines in the tomato dressing.
- Spread Greek yogurt on a serving dish.
- Arrange dressed aubergines on the yogurt.
- Drizzle any remaining dressing over the dish.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds, oregano, or mint leaves.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Can I make this ahead?
Yes, you totally can!
If you want to get a head start on your meal, you can roast the eggplant and prepare the Greek yogurt dressing a day or two in advance. Store them in airtight containers in the fridge.
On the day you’re ready to enjoy your salad, simply assemble everything. It’s a super convenient way to have a fresh and delicious dish without all the rush. So go ahead and plan ahead!
If you have leftovers, here are some great ideas for what to do with them:
- Next-Day Side Dish: Save your extra salad for the next day. It makes a fantastic side dish to go with your lunch or dinner.
- Work Lunch Idea: Take it to work for a tasty and healthy lunch. It’s a great way to enjoy a homemade meal during your busy day.
- Cold Sandwich or Wrap: Spread this yummy salad on your sandwiches or wraps. The creamy Greek yogurt and smoky eggplant will add a burst of flavor.
When saving leftovers, make sure to store them in an airtight container in the fridge. It will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
Other Eggplant Recipes You Might Also Like
Looking for more ? Check out +20 Best Mains Easy Recipes !
Have you given the Roasted Eggplant Salad with Greek Yogurt recipe a try? Share your experience by rating it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and dropping a comment below. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and fuels my passion for creating recipes!
Roasted Eggplant Salad with Greek Yogurt
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- Garlic Press
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large aubergines cut into wedges
- 3-4 large and ripe tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves crushed or grated
- A large handful of fresh oregano leaves or dried oregano
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder or smoked paprika
- 250 g Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan). In a small bowl, mix 4 tbsp of olive oil with garlic powder, chili powder or smoked paprika, and a pinch of salt. Brush the mixture all over the aubergine wedges and place them on a roasting tray. Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the aubergines are tender.
- While the aubergines are roasting, grate the tomatoes into a large mixing bowl using the coarse side of a grater. This will create tomato pulp without the skin. Add the crushed or grated garlic, most of the oregano, lemon juice, remaining olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Once the aubergines are cooked, toss them in the tomato dressing, ensuring they are fully coated.
- Spread the Greek yogurt onto a serving dish. Arrange the dressed aubergines on top of the yogurt. Drizzle any remaining dressing from the bowl over the dish.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and the remaining oregano over the dish or mint leaves. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve the aubergine dish with freshly baked pita bread and enjoy.