Baked Chicken Nuggets are a super tasty and healthy kid-friendly snack. These nuggets are made with real chicken and are so much better for you than the fast food kind. They’re super crunchy and yummy! Kids will love them, and so will grown-ups. Get ready for a flavor explosion with these homemade chicken nuggets. Perfect for lunch or dinner. Enjoy these golden nuggets of joy!
Why this recipe works
Why this Baked Chicken Nuggets Recipe is So Great! This yummy recipe for chicken nuggets is a total winner. It’s not only super tasty but also really easy to make. You can find all the ingredients at your local store. These nuggets are baked, not fried, which makes them a healthier choice. Even picky eaters will gobble them up! Kids and grown-ups alike will be asking for more of these crispy, golden nuggets. You’ll love making and munching on this recipe.
Ingredients to make Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken Breasts – The star of the show! Tender chicken breasts are the main ingredient for these delicious nuggets.
- Egg (Beaten) – A beaten egg is what makes the nuggets extra crispy and golden when baked.
- Flour – Flour is used to coat the chicken and helps create that perfect crunchy outside.
- Milk – Milk is combined with the egg to make a coating that sticks to the chicken, making it super yummy.
- Dried Breadcrumbs (or more, we used panko) – Breadcrumbs give the nuggets their satisfying crunch. Panko breadcrumbs are an excellent choice for that extra crispiness.
- Olive Oil – A touch of olive oil adds a lovely flavor and helps make the nuggets golden and crispy.
- Salt and Pepper – Seasoning with salt and pepper is what makes these nuggets taste just right.
- Paprika – Paprika adds a hint of smokiness and flavor to these chicken nuggets.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic powder brings a tasty and aromatic element to the nuggets.
- To Serve: Spicy Mayo – A delightful dipping sauce made from mayonnaise and sriracha. It’s the perfect companion for your crispy chicken nuggets!
- Chicken Breasts – If you’re looking for a non-chicken alternative, you could try using tofu or tempeh for a vegetarian or vegan version of these nuggets. Turkey breast works as well just extend cooking time by 5 minutes.
- Egg (Beaten) – For an egg-free option, you can use a mixture of water and ground flaxseed or chia seeds as a binding agent. This works great for vegan nuggets.
- Flour – To make these nuggets gluten-free, swap the regular flour for a gluten-free flour blend or almond flour.
- Milk – You can use non-dairy milk, such as almond milk or soy milk, to make these nuggets if you’re lactose intolerant or vegan.
- Dried Breadcrumbs (or more, we used panko) – Opt for gluten-free breadcrumbs or crushed cornflakes to keep these nuggets gluten-free.
- Olive Oil – Any cooking oil of your choice, like vegetable oil or canola oil, can replace olive oil if that’s what you prefer.
- Salt and Pepper – Season your nuggets with your favorite seasoning blend for a unique flavor.
- Paprika – Experiment with other spices or herbs like thyme, oregano, or curry powder to give your nuggets a different twist.
- Garlic Powder – Swap garlic powder for onion powder or your preferred seasoning for a change in flavor.
To Serve: Spicy Mayo – If you’re not a fan of spicy mayo, you can serve these nuggets with ketchup, honey mustard, or your favorite dipping sauce.
Feel free to get creative and tailor these substitutions to your taste and dietary preferences. These alternatives will help you customize your Baked Chicken Nuggets to perfection!
- Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Nuggets: After coating the chicken in breadcrumbs, mix in grated Parmesan cheese for an extra savory and cheesy twist. Bake until crispy and golden.
- Honey Mustard Glazed Nuggets: Drizzle honey mustard sauce over the nuggets before baking for a sweet and tangy flavor.
- Buffalo Chicken Nuggets: Toss the baked nuggets in buffalo sauce for a spicy kick. Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks for a classic Buffalo chicken experience.
- Herb and Garlic Chicken Nuggets: Add a blend of fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, and parsley to the breadcrumb mixture for a fragrant and flavorful coating.
- Asian-Inspired Chicken Nuggets: Combine soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in the egg mixture for an Asian twist. Serve with a side of sweet chili sauce for dipping.
- BBQ Chicken Nuggets: Brush the nuggets with barbecue sauce before baking to give them a smoky and tangy flavor. Perfect for a BBQ-themed meal.
- Pesto Chicken Nuggets: Coat the chicken in basil pesto before breading for a burst of fresh, herby flavor.
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Nuggets: Mix shredded coconut into the breadcrumb mixture for a tropical flair. Serve with a sweet mango chutney dipping sauce.
- Ranch Seasoned Nuggets: Add a packet of ranch seasoning mix to your breadcrumbs for a zesty and tangy coating. Perfect for ranch lovers!
- Sesame Ginger Chicken Nuggets: Incorporate sesame seeds and ground ginger into your breadcrumbs for an Asian-inspired twist. Serve with a soy-based dipping sauce.
- Cajun-Style Chicken Nuggets: Season the breadcrumbs with Cajun seasoning for a spicy and flavorful kick. Great with a side of remoulade sauce.
- Cheesy Bacon Chicken Nuggets: Wrap each chicken piece with a slice of bacon before breading. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese for a rich and indulgent treat.
- Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and a gluten-free flour blend to make these nuggets suitable for those with gluten sensitivities.
- Vegetable-Infused Nuggets: Add finely grated zucchini, carrots, or spinach to the chicken mixture for extra nutrients and a colorful twist.
- Dill Pickle-Brined Nuggets: Marinate the chicken in dill pickle juice before breading for a unique and tangy flavor.
Give These A Try
How to make this recipe
Step 1: Dice the meat into pieces about 2-3mm thick. Add the meat into a bowl and season it with olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Let it marinate while you prepare the batter. Mix the eggs with the milk and season with salt and pepper, then incorporate the flour until it’s smooth with no lumps.
Step 2: In the meantime, preheat the oven to the grill setting, at medium heat or level 3. Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl, dip the chicken pieces in the egg batter, then coat them completely with breadcrumbs. Place the well-coated chicken nuggets in a single layer on a pan lined with parchment paper.
Lightly sprinkle some olive oil on top of the coated chicken nuggets, place the pan on the top shelf of the oven, and bake for 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
To make a quick and delicious spicy mayo, combine mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl. Mix well and serve it as a dipping sauce alongside the baked chicken nuggets.
Wondering What to Do with Leftover Baked Chicken Nuggets? Don’t worry; I’ve got you covered with some tasty ideas for repurposing those nuggets!
1. Chicken Nugget Wrap: Create a scrumptious chicken nugget wrap with some tortillas, lettuce, and your favorite condiments. Slice the leftover nuggets into smaller pieces and wrap them up for a quick and satisfying meal.
2. Chicken Nugget Salad: Turn your leftovers into a delightful chicken nugget salad. Slice the nuggets, add them to a bed of greens, and top with veggies, cheese, and your preferred salad dressing.
3. Chicken Nugget Sliders: Use small buns or dinner rolls to make adorable chicken nugget sliders. Add some coleslaw or lettuce for a refreshing crunch and enjoy mini sandwiches.
4. Chicken Nugget Pizza: Get creative and transform your nuggets into a pizza topping. Spread some tomato sauce, sprinkle with cheese, and arrange the nuggets on top. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
5. Chicken Nugget Stir-Fry: Chop the nuggets into bite-sized pieces and toss them into a stir-fry with your choice of vegetables and a tasty stir-fry sauce.
6. Chicken Nugget Tacos: Fill your tacos with chopped nuggets, lettuce, cheese, and your favorite taco toppings. These nuggets work wonderfully as a taco filling.
7. Chicken Nugget Breakfast Hash: For a unique breakfast twist, create a chicken nugget breakfast hash by dicing the nuggets and mixing them with potatoes, onions, and your preferred breakfast seasonings.
Storage Tips: To keep your leftover baked chicken nuggets fresh, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. When reheating, use an oven or toaster oven for the best crispy texture. Microwaving may make them slightly less crispy, but they’ll still be delicious.
Here are serving suggestions for this recipe
Looking for more ? Check out +20 Best Mains Easy Recipes !
You might also like…
Have you given the Baked Chicken Nuggets recipe a try? Share your experience by rating it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and dropping a comment below. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and fuels my passion for creating recipes!
Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 1 baking pan
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 egg beaten
- 3-4 tbsp flour
- 50 ml milk
- 75 g 100g dried breadcrumbs or more (we used panko)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- *feel free to add or replace with your favourite seasonings
- to serve: spicy mayo made out of mayonnaise and sriracha combined
- Dice the meat into pieces about 2-3mm thick. Add the meat into a bowl and season with olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Let it marinade while you prepare the batter.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to the grill setting, at medium heat or level 3.
- Mix the eggs with the milk and season with salt and pepper, then incorporate the flour until it’s smooth with no lumps.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl, dip the chicken pieces in the egg batter then coat completely with breadcrumbs.
- Place the well-coated chicken nuggets in a single layer on a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Lightly sprinkle some olive oil on top, place the pan on the top shelf and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with rice, baked wedges, a salad or whatever you fancy!