Delicious Phyllo Crinkle Cake Recipe – A Super Easy Dessert!
If you’re looking for a yummy and super easy dessert, you’ve come to the right place! Our Phyllo Crinkle Cake is a delightful treat that you can make in no time. This dessert is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth with minimal effort. With layers of crispy phyllo dough and a sweet, gooey center, it’s a dessert that everyone will love.
No baking skills needed for this one – just a few simple steps, and you’ll have a fabulous dessert ready to impress your friends and family. We’ll guide you through the process of creating this mouthwatering Phyllo Crinkle Cake step by step. It’s the perfect choice for a quick, delicious treat. Give it a try today!
Why this recipe works
Why this Crinkle Cake rocks? It’s pure magic! Layers of crispy phyllo dough, creamy ricotta (or curd cheese), and sweet yogurt create a delightful combo. Baking makes it golden and delicious, and melted butter adds extra yum. A dollop of double cream takes it to dreamy heights. Perfect for celebrations and a breeze to make. The result? A tasty, beautiful dessert your taste buds will adore!
Ingredients to make Crinkle Cake
- Phyllo Sheets (Defrosted): These are like thin pastry sheets that add a wonderful crunch to the cake.
- Melted Salt-Free Butter: Butter gives a rich and buttery flavor to the cake without the extra salt.
- Plain Yogurt: Creamy yogurt adds moisture and a hint of tanginess to the cake.
- Ricotta or Curd Cheese: Creamy cheese that brings a delightful richness to the cake.
- Eggs: Eggs help bind everything together and give structure to the cake.
- Demerara Sugar: Sweet sugar for that perfect sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract: A touch of vanilla adds a lovely flavor to the cake.
- Double Cream (To Serve): Cream to make the cake even more indulgent.
- Phyllo Sheets: If you can’t find phyllo sheets, you could swap them for puff pastry or even croissant dough for a different twist.
- Butter: For a healthier option, you can use unsalted butter or a dairy-free alternative like margarine.
- Plain Yogurt: If you’re out of plain yogurt, Greek yogurt works perfectly or even a dairy-free yogurt if you prefer.
- Ricotta or Curd Cheese: Exchange ricotta with cottage cheese for a similar creamy texture, or go dairy-free with almond or tofu-based alternatives.
- Eggs: To make it egg-free, try using mashed bananas or applesauce for binding.
- Demerara Sugar: Light brown sugar is a great substitute, and honey or maple syrup can add a unique sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract: Almond extract or even a pinch of cinnamon can bring a different flavor twist.
- Double Cream: Swap it with whipped coconut cream for a dairy-free choice or Greek yogurt for a tangy note.
These substitutions will help you adapt the Crinkle Cake to your preferences or ingredient availability while still enjoying a scrumptious treat.
- Chocolate Lovers’ Crinkle Cake:
- Add cocoa powder to the filling for a rich chocolate flavor.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips or chunks between the layers.
- Fruit Delight Crinkle Cake:
- Layer slices of your favorite fruits like strawberries, peaches, or apples.
- Add a touch of cinnamon for extra flavor.
- Nutty Surprise Crinkle Cake:
- Incorporate chopped nuts like walnuts or almonds into the filling.
- Drizzle with honey or caramel for sweetness.
- Citrus Zest Crinkle Cake:
- Grate orange or lemon zest into the filling for a refreshing twist.
- Squeeze a bit of citrus juice for a tangy kick.
- Spiced Sensation Crinkle Cake:
- Add ground cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom to the filling for a warm, spiced flavor.
- Top with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Berry Bliss Crinkle Cake:
- Layer fresh berries like blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries for a fruity burst.
- A drizzle of berry compote on top is heavenly.
- Savory Spin Crinkle Cake:
- Use savory ingredients like feta cheese, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes for a unique twist.
- Season with herbs like basil or oregano.
- Nutella Indulgence Crinkle Cake:
- Swirl Nutella or hazelnut spread between the layers for a creamy, chocolate-hazelnut treat.
- Caramel Crunch Crinkle Cake:
- Drizzle caramel sauce and sprinkle with crushed toffee or caramelized nuts for a sweet and crunchy delight.
- Holiday Spice Crinkle Cake:
- Add seasonal spices like pumpkin spice or gingerbread spices for a festive touch.
- Decorate with a dusting of powdered sugar and festive sprinkles.
Give These a Try!
How to make this recipe
Step 1: Lay the crinkled dough in the baking pan with the folds facing up. Drizzle melted butter evenly over the dough.
Step 2: In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, ricotta (or curd cheese), yogurt, and vanilla extract to create the filling.
Step 3 : Pour this filling evenly over the dough and sprinkle some more butter.
Step 4: Bake for 30-40 minutes until it’s wonderfully crispy and golden.
Got some Crinkle Cake left? Store it smart! Slice, seal, and pop in the fridge for 3-4 days. Or freeze for later delight. Thaw, and enjoy the magic anytime.
You might also like
Have you given the Phyllo Crinkle Cake recipe a try? Share your experience by rating it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and dropping a comment below. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and fuels my passion for creating recipes!
Let’s make Phyllo Crinkle Cake (Muakacha)
- 1 balloon whisk or hand mixer
- 1 bowl
- 1 baking pan 32 cm x 27 cm
- 1 package phyllo dough defrosted
- 100 gr of butter melted salt free
- 500 gr plain yogurt or greek
- 250 gr ricotta or curd cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 100 gr sugar demerara
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- double cream
- Heat your oven to 180°C (356°F) or Gas Mark 4. Grease a baking tray that’s about 32 cm x 27 cm with butter.
- Put the crinkled dough into the baking pan, with the folds facing up.
- Carefully pour melted butter all over the top.
- Now, for the filling! In a big bowl, mix eggs, sugar, ricotta, yogurt, and vanilla extract together.
- Pour this yummy filling evenly over the folded dough.
- Pop it in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until it’s crispy and golden. For some extra deliciousness, drizzle more butter on top. 😋