This roasted cauliflower recipe is very easy to make, and full of nutrients. It can be served as a light lunch or dinner, or a side dish, especially during summer days.
Elevate your meals with this easy-to-make healthy recipe, which includes roasted vegetables, and creamy yoghurt topped with tangy chimichurri sauce. You can also make it vegan-friendly using a vegan option for yoghurt.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
VIDEO: Watch us make the recipe
Why this recipe works
This Roasted Cauliflower with Yogurt and Chimichurri sauce is one of my favourite recipes. You can serve it on its own with a piece of freshly baked bread, giving you the ultimate satisfaction of a perfect comfort meal as it feels incredibly nourishing. The recipe uses simple ingredients, it only takes half an hour to make and will be a centrepiece on your table during any occasion.
Ingredients to make Roasted Cauliflower with Yogurt and Chimichurri
The recipe consists of three parts: seasoning and roasting the cauliflower, making the chimichurri sauce and the yoghurt base.
Cauliflower – As the main ingredient of this recipe, cauliflower is a versatile vegetable known for its mild flavour and ability to absorb seasonings when roasted, resulting in a tender and slightly caramelized texture.
Parsley – An aromatic herb that adds a fresh and earthy flavour to dishes. In this recipe, it might be used in the chimichurri sauce for its bright and herbaceous notes.
Olive oil – Used for roasting the cauliflower, it enhances the vegetable’s natural taste and contributes to its tender texture while providing healthy fats.
Onion – A pungent and sweet ingredient that adds depth to the chimichurri sauce, lending a subtle sweetness and savoury undertones.
Coriander – A herb with citrusy and slightly spicy notes. It is utilized in the chimichurri sauce to provide a refreshing and zesty element.
Garlic – Known for its robust flavour, garlic adds a savoury and aromatic taste to the dish, contributing to the chimichurri sauce. Grating the garlic cloves will bring more flavour to the dish.
Red wine vinegar – This vinegar offers a tangy and slightly fruity flavour, providing acidity to balance the richness of the yoghurt and the savoury elements in the chimichurri.
Chilli powder – Adds a touch of heat and spice to the dish, offering a flavorful kick to the chimichurri sauce.
Yoghurt – The creamy Greek yoghurt serves as a rich and tangy base, complementing the roasted cauliflower and balancing the flavours of the tangy chimichurri sauce.
To obtain the taste and flavours of this recipe, it would be best to use the original ingredients, although creating a new recipe with the ingredients at hand can bring a new version to life. Here is a list of substitutions for this recipe:
- Cauliflower: Broccoli, Romanesco, or Brussels sprouts can be great alternatives. Other types of cauliflower such as purple, orange, green (Romanesco) or Cheddar, would work very well.
- Parsley: Substitute with cilantro (coriander) or fresh basil for a different herbaceous flavour.
- Olive oil: Avocado oil, grapeseed oil, or melted butter can replace olive oil for roasting.
- Onion: Shallots or leeks can provide a similar oniony taste.
- Coriander: Cilantro leaves or parsley leaves are suitable substitutes for coriander.
- Garlic: Garlic powder or garlic paste can be used as a substitute for fresh garlic.
- Red wine vinegar: Replace with apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar for acidity.
- Chilli powder: Crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, or paprika can offer heat and flavour.
- Yoghurt: Dairy-free alternatives like coconut yoghurt or soy yoghurt can be used instead of Greek yoghurt for a vegan option.
- Cheese Lover’s Delight: Sprinkle some grated Parmesan or crumbled feta cheese over the roasted cauliflower before serving.
- Nuts and Seeds: Incorporate toasted pine nuts, almonds, or sesame seeds for added crunch and nutty goodness.
- Vegan Option: Use dairy-free yoghurt or tahini instead of Greek yoghurt to cater to vegan preferences while maintaining creaminess.
- Citrus Zest: Enhance the chimichurri sauce with a burst of citrus by adding a hint of lemon or lime zest for a refreshing twist.
- Pomegranate: Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds for an extra crunch.
How to make this recipe
Roast the cauliflower: Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). In a bowl, mix the cauliflower florets with olive oil, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper. Then, place them on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until they turn golden and tender.
After baking, you’ll get golden-brown cauliflower bites ready to be transformed into a fine dish.
How to make Chimichurri Sauce? What is Chimichurri made of?
For the Chimichurri Sauce you’ll need :
- 1 red, white, or shallot onion, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 diced chilli pepper or 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt and pepper
To make it you just need to mix into a bowl the chopped onions, parsley, coriander, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, diced chilli pepper or chilli powder, salt, and pepper.
Assemble: Add the cauliflower onto a plate, sprinkle evenly the homemade chimichurri sauce and serve while fresh.
A full list of ingredients and instructions can be found in the recipe card below.
Leftovers and storage
What can you make with cauliflower?
With cauliflower, you can make lots of yummy dishes! Here are some ideas:
- Cauliflower Rice: Grate or blend cauliflower to make a healthy rice alternative for stir-fries or fried rice.
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust: Mix cauliflower with other ingredients to create a tasty pizza crust.
- Mashed Cauliflower: Boil and mash cauliflower for a delicious low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes.
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks : Toss cauliflower with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then bake it in the oven for a flavorful side dish.
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup: Blend cooked cauliflower with broth and spices to make a creamy and comforting soup.
- Cauliflower Buffalo Bites: Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, coat them in buffalo sauce, and bake for a spicy snack.
- Fritters: Mix grated cauliflower with flour and spices, then fry or bake them to make crispy fritters.
- Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry: Make a healthier alternative to traditional rice by pulsing cauliflower florets in a food processor to create cauliflower rice. Stir-fry it with your favourite vegetables, protein, and flavorful sauces for a quick and nutritious meal.
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese: Create a creamy and cheesy cauliflower-based sauce to replace the traditional cheese sauce in mac and cheese. Mix it with pasta for a comforting and nutritious twist on the classic dish.
- Tacos: Roast or grill cauliflower florets and serve them in taco shells with your favourite toppings like avocado, salsa, and cilantro for a delicious and meatless taco option.
- Cauliflower Curry: Add cauliflower to your favourite curry recipe for added texture and flavour. Whether it’s a coconut-based Thai curry or a rich Indian curry, cauliflower pairs well with various spices and sauces.
Remember, cauliflower is not only tasty but also full of vitamins and minerals, making it a great addition to your meals! Try out these recipes and discover your favourite way to enjoy cauliflower!
Craving for more cauliflower?
Pair your roasted cauliflower with these irresistible mains
What you’ll need to roast the cauliflower:
Here’s all you need: cauliflower florets, olive oil, salt and pepper and a small bunch of parsley.
Looking for more? Check out +20 Best Mains Easy Recipes !
Are you ready to take your culinary skills to the next level? Then come join me in the kitchen and let’s whip up some delicious meals together! From mouth-watering appetizers to decadent desserts, my food blog has it all.
But don’t just take my word for it – try out some of my recipes for yourself and taste the magic. Whether you’re a beginner cook or a seasoned pro, there’s something here for everyone. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
Before we get to the bits and bobs of making this wonderful cake – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my newsletter here to keep up to date on the latest recipes and tips!
How to make Roasted Cauliflower with Yogurt & Chimichurri
- Baking Sheet or Roasting Pan
- Mixing Bowls
- Food processor or blender
- Microplane or Grater: If you’re using garlic in the chimichurri sauce, a microplane or grater can be used to finely mince the garlic.
- Cauliflower florets from 1 cauliflower
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- A small bunch of parsley
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 red white, or shallot onion, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander chopped
- 2 garlic cloves grated or finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 diced chili pepper or 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 3 heaped spoonfuls of Greek yogurt
- Freshly baked bread optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a bowl, mix cauliflower florets with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Put them on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and tender.Cauliflower florets from 1 cauliflower, 4 tbsp olive oil, Salt and pepper, A small bunch of parsley
- While cauliflower roasts, make the chimichurri sauce. Mix onions, parsley, coriander, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, diced chili pepper or chili powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl.1 red, 1 small bunch fresh parsley, 1 small bunch fresh coriander, 2 garlic cloves, 1/2 cup red wine vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 diced chili pepper or 1 tsp chili powder, Salt and pepper
- On a serving plate, spread Greek yogurt. Once cauliflower is done, put it on the plate. Drizzle chimichurri sauce generously over it.3 heaped spoonfuls of Greek yogurt
- Serve with freshly baked bread if you want.Freshly baked bread
- Enjoy this tasty and healthy roasted cauliflower with chimichurri sauce and creamy Greek yogurt!