Are you looking for a delicious and wholesome dish that will elevate your taste buds and leave you wanting more? Look no further than these delectable Roasted Cauliflower Steaks & Creamy Tahini Sauce!
Bursting with flavor, this plant-based recipe combines the nutty richness of cauliflower steaks with the velvety goodness of tahini sauce, making it a true culinary delight.
Whether you’re a seasoned vegan or simply looking to incorporate more plant-based options into your diet, this recipe promises to be a delightful addition to your repertoire.
Baked Cauliflower Steaks with Tahini Sauce is a delicious dish that combines the earthy flavors of cauliflower with a creamy and tangy sauce.
To make the cauliflower steaks, a large head of cauliflower is sliced into thick pieces and seasoned with olive oil, paprika, and garlic powder before baking to perfection.
The tahini sauce, made with tahini paste, lemon juice, Greek yogurt, and a touch of maple syrup, adds a luscious and flavorful element to the dish.
When served together, the creamy sauce enhances the natural taste of the cauliflower. Sprinkle with parsley, sesame seeds, or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for extra texture and garnish.
This vegetarian and gluten-free option is both satisfying and nutritious, making it a versatile and appealing choice for any meal.
Enjoy the vibrant colors and enticing flavors of Baked Cauliflower Steaks with Tahini Sauce, a delightful addition to your table!
Here are just a few reasons for why you’ll love this Baked Cauliflower Steaks and Tahini Sauce
The combination of roasted cauliflower steaks with the flavorful blend of paprika, garlic powder, and olive oil creates a delicious and satisfying taste. The creamy and tangy tahini sauce adds an extra layer of flavor that compliments the cauliflower perfectly.
Nutritious and healthy:
Cauliflower is a nutrient-rich vegetable that is low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It’s a great source of antioxidants and can be a satisfying alternative to meat. The tahini sauce adds healthy fats and protein from the tahini and Greek yogurt, making this dish a nutritious choice.
Vegetarian and gluten-free:
This recipe is suitable for vegetarians and can be enjoyed by those following a gluten-free diet. It offers a hearty and satisfying option for those looking for meatless meals or alternative ways to enjoy cauliflower.
Easy to prepare:
The recipe requires minimal preparation and cooking time. It uses simple ingredients that are easy to find in most kitchens. With a few basic steps, you can have a delicious and wholesome meal ready to serve.
Versatile and customizable:
You can easily customize this recipe to suit your taste preferences. Feel free to add your favorite spices or herbs to the cauliflower steaks or adjust the tahini sauce by adding lemon zest, cumin, or other seasonings. It’s a versatile dish that allows for creativity in flavors.
The thick cauliflower steaks, when beautifully browned and topped with a drizzle of tahini sauce, create an impressive presentation. It’s an eye-catching dish that will surely impress your family or guests.
These reasons highlight the appeal of Baked Cauliflower Steaks and Tahini Sauce as a flavorful, healthy, and visually appealing dish that can be enjoyed by a wide range of dietary preferences.
- High in fiber: Cauliflower is rich in dietary fiber, which aids in digestion, promotes bowel regularity, and helps maintain a healthy weight by promoting feelings of fullness.
- Nutrient-dense: Cauliflower is packed with essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium. These nutrients support immune function, blood clotting, cell growth, and overall well-being.
- Antioxidant-rich: Cauliflower contains antioxidants like vitamin C, beta-carotene, and phytonutrients that help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Antioxidants have been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases, such as heart disease and certain cancers.
- Healthy fats: The tahini sauce in this recipe provides healthy fats from the sesame seeds. These fats, including monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, can have a positive impact on heart health and help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Protein source: The tahini sauce, made with tahini paste and Greek yogurt, offers a good amount of protein. Protein is essential for muscle repair, growth, and overall body function.
- Low in calories: Baked cauliflower steaks are a low-calorie option compared to traditional meat-based steaks. This makes them a suitable choice for those looking to manage their weight or reduce calorie intake.
- Gluten-free and vegetarian: This dish is gluten-free and vegetarian, making it suitable for individuals with gluten sensitivities or those following a vegetarian diet.
- Reduced saturated fat: By choosing cauliflower steaks over meat-based steaks, you can reduce your intake of saturated fats, which are associated with an increased risk of heart disease. This dish provides a healthier alternative without compromising on taste.
- Versatile and customizable: This recipe allows for versatility and customization, giving you the option to incorporate additional nutrient-rich ingredients such as herbs, spices, or vegetables to enhance the overall nutritional profile of the dish.
How to cut the cauliflower into steaks
Cutting cauliflower into steaks is simple. Here’s how you can do it:
- Remove Leaves: Start by removing the green leaves at the base of the cauliflower. Trim the stem so that the cauliflower can sit flat on the cutting board.
- Position the Cauliflower: Place the cauliflower on a cutting board with the stem side down.
- Slice Steaks: Use a sharp knife to make vertical cuts through the center of the cauliflower head. Aim for slices that are about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. You should end up with cauliflower “steaks” that hold together by the stem.
- Use Leftover Pieces: After slicing the steaks, you’ll have some smaller florets and loose pieces left. Don’t throw them away! You can save them for other recipes like stir-fries, soups, or salads.
Remember to be careful when using the knife, especially when cutting through the tough stem of the cauliflower. It’s always a good idea to have adult supervision when kids are handling sharp objects in the kitchen. Enjoy making your cauliflower steaks!
Other Cauliflower Recipes to try:
Looking for more ? Check out +20 Best Mains Easy Recipes !
Are you ready to take your culinary skills to the next level? Then come join me in the kitchen and let’s whip up some delicious meals together! From mouth-watering appetizers to decadent desserts, my food blog has it all.
But don’t just take my word for it – try out some of my recipes for yourself and taste the magic. Whether you’re a beginner cook or a seasoned pro, there’s something here for everyone. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
Before we get to the bits and bobs of making this wonderful cake – if you like what you’re seeing,
subscribe to my newsletter here to keep up to date on the latest recipes and tips!
Baked Cauliflower Steaks and Tahini Sauce
- parchment paper
- baking pan
- Brush or basting brush
- Measuring Spoons
For the cauliflower steaks:
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the tahini sauce:
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt ( replace for a vegan version)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Remove the leaves and trim the stem of the cauliflower head. Place it upright on a cutting board and slice it into 1-inch thick slices to create cauliflower “steaks.” You should be able to get about 2-3 steaks from one large head of cauliflower.1 large head of cauliflower
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Brush both sides of the cauliflower steaks with the oil mixture, ensuring they are well coated.2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower steaks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or greased with oil.
- Bake the cauliflower steaks in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until they are tender and golden brown. Flip them halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare the tahini sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini paste, lemon juice, Greek yogurt or vegan Yogurt, olive oil, maple syrup, minced garlic, chili powder, and salt until smooth. Adjust the consistency by adding more water if needed.1/4 cup tahini paste, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt ( replace for a vegan version), 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, 1 clove garlic, 1 teaspoon chili powder, Salt to taste
- Once the cauliflower steaks are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the cauliflower steaks with a drizzle of tahini sauce on top. You can also garnish them with chopped parsley, sesame seeds, or a squeeze of lemon juice, if desired.
Let’s stay connected!
Welcome to our foodie haven! We’re all about sharing delicious recipes and discovering new flavours together. Join our food blog family and be part of the fun!
Got questions about a recipe or craving a specific dish? Head to the comments section and chat with fellow food enthusiasts. Share your thoughts, tips, and appreciation for mouthwatering creations.
Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive recipes, cooking hacks, and behind-the-scenes kitchen adventures. Get inspired and hungry for more!
Follow us on social media for daily foodie delights. Drool over food photos, get sneak peeks of upcoming recipes, and join food-centric discussions.
Spread the love for good food! Share our content with friends and family, inspiring others to cook and explore new flavours.
Lets forge lasting bonds over shared recipes and food stories. Join our foodie family, and together, we’ll create delicious memories and turn every meal into a masterpiece!
Stay hungry, stay inspired,